Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mummy and Daddy Loves You, Baby Aaliyah.

Darling Hubby has been surprising me (or rather, Baby Aaliyah) with shoes and sneakers every other week when he comes home from work. He's like Doraemon, coming back from work, come into the room and exclaimed, "Hon, see what I buy!" Then Taaadaaaa!!! A shoebox appeared from his bag. My reaction will be ... "Again?" wide-eyed! Then I go all awed when i saw what Hubby bought. He is an avid shoe collector himself and I guess he just cannot resist looking at shoes for Baby Aaliyah too! =) Scouting the whole of Singapore just for Nike baby shoes (which stocks do not come in anymore, so all the shoes were purchased at full price). So far, Baby Aaliyah owns 7 pairs of Nike shoes even before she is born. All because of her Daddy. =) 

As for the clothes department, Hubby left that territory to me. I was overwhelmed when i stepped into Baby Gap or Cotton On Kids.. Oh my gosh, I became all ooey goooey looking at how small those cute little things are! Then i went crazy and splurged. As first time parents, we do not know what to expect, so we felt the sugar rush buying stuffs for our dear little baby. Then there's online shopping too which I have yet to explore. Gah! The other bare necessities were bought at the Taka baby fair which I think was a good deal for a steal as the discounted items were worth it. We have yet to buy baby's stroller and cot, as truth be told, we really do not know what brand or make is good!? I only know some brand names like maxi-cosi, quinny, Maclaren, but we don't know which is good and worth it. We need help from the experts!! Anyone? Do leave your comments under this entry. =)


Latest sonogram of Aaliyah showing her face.

Another interesting sonogram of Baby Aaliyah when she was so shy and scared to show her face. She covered her face with her hand. This is the position when Hubby sometimes sleep too.
 
And that's why we call her.........


Baby Bump Time!!
Rant: I want to do something to my hair! It's getting waaay out of control. I dyed and highlighted it when I didn't know I was pregnant and coming to 6 months later, I cannot dye or highlight it again. =( So the black roots are awfully showing. I can't rebond or curl it too as the chemicals may be harmful for baby. I guess I have to wait until Aaliyah is born to do somthing to it. Nvm, It will be so worth the wait. Baby is sooo much more important. I can rock other looks during Hari Raya. =)

7 comments:

alisha's mummy said...

i got my cot from my sister. initially we couldn't find a use for it as babylisha sleeps together with us (now i place her in the cot when i'm doing housework in the living room)- we bought firstyear's sleeping wedge so she is lodged securely, you might want to get that. personally, i find it better having her sleep with us since i feel more secure having her close to us and frankly, it's also less of a hassle when i get up to feed her.

as for strollers, well, i lusted for mclarens' juicy couture but well it's mad pricey so no go. we got a red capella cony (daddy's fave colour is red like your hubby) with pink handle (yeay for me! hehehe) it's about 300ish. we chose that cos it's a one button press to open and close. also, we can move the handle so we can have babylisha facing us when we move around.

oh! you might wanna go to baby hypermart/baby kingdom at kaki bukit to check out strollers and cots. they are just two units away. so you can visit both. we got our stroller at baby kingdom.

and please go get a kiddy palace membership card hehe. it's mad useful cos you will always need to buy diapers and wet wipes. as for diapers, babylisha is using huggies. we tried pampers, drypers and huggies and found that huggies suited her most. hmmm. ok i feel like i'm writing a bit of an essay here, but i hope it helps!

happy shopping!

<3 alisha's mummy!

Unknown said...

OOOoooh Wow! This is so very useful information! Thanks Alisha's Mummy! Hee! =) I think 300+ for a stroller is just nice too. Not too pricey but useful and not a hassle. Will go check them out soon. As for diapers, I guess I have to wait till Aaliyah is born to see which brand suits her best!

Thanks again!! (=

Hantam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Faztina said...

Hey Sheikha, I just bought my stroller today. Bought Maclaren Day tripper, i trust Maclaren cause my sister's been using her Maclaren stroller for 10 years. Since my first nephew till my 4th nephew. If u dont want to have to buy 2 strollers, get Maclaren Techno XT, that one can use from 0 months till 6 years. it's very light and storage also very good. Here they're selling it for RM 1200.

as for the babycot, erhh cant help u. hehehe my sister's giving me her babycot.

Hope this helps! Take care!!

- tina

aisyah said...

Baby products...can look into cheaper brands like pureen or anakku...sounds tak glamour but for heavily used one like bottle soap & baby laundry soap..its really value for money.

Diapers..i'm into huggies...the price is reasonable and the adhesive are velcro so can buka/tutup easier compared to the sticky tape ones...that us like wat u said subject to baby's bottom...btw the price of huggies is almost similar to drypers n buy them at singseh k.

Diaper cream..also subject to baby's bottom. Can try pureen or drapoline first and move upscale if necessary.

Strollers...depends on wat u want. U want the one that can fit from newborn or slightly older cos. Akso it depends on if u dun mind a heavier one for stability...it makes a lot of diff when pushing a sturdy one with bigger tyres as compard to the lightweight one....and as the first comment, look ard at the hypermart n u will be spoilt for choicw...tt for sure! ;)

Unknown said...

Tina - Thanks so much for your advice. My cousin also has the Maclaren Techno Stroller which she bought ard S$600. The tyres solid man. so big and easy to manouvre. is it a bit heavy at ard 7kg? Though it looks really really stable. we gonna check it out this weekend!! Thanks again!

Aisyah - Hope you & Baby are in good health, have a safe delivery. yarr diapers at singseh memang quite cheap... can buy in bulk. hehe! Will be going to the Kaki Bukit baby hypermart to explore more on the strollers. Thanks a lot for your advice~!

To all, Thank you Mummies/Mummies to be! If it weren't for you, I would have been clueless. =)

Blackswan said...

Wow, u reminded me when I was pregnant ages ago! My "baby boy" is now 15yrs old. LOL!

Well those days, Combi & Aprica were the Mercedes Benz but not sure now. I got a Combi at about S$300+ then but it was well worth the money.

Welcome to motherhood! "Nang" u & chk out my latest on Paradise In Bangkok!