Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's a GIRL!

Hubby and me have been discussing names over the past few days, even though we do not know the gender of the baby yet. It's really interesting to go the websites and find out its meaning. He is really interested in Mohamed Ali if it is a boy. A few of our relatives thought we were crazy to give that name as it sounds quite ol'skool or 'kampong' as some may have heard. Hahaha! They influenced me too and I tried to change hubby's mind but it was futile. haha! If it is a girl, he would've given the name Aaliyah Dana Haughton... ok ok kidding. Just Aaliyah. A name that he absolutely loves and adores soooo much. I love it tooo! Even when we were in the BGR stage, that name has already popped up when we talked about our future. =) So choosing that name was a breeze for us. 

We do not have any preference to any gender, just as long as our baby is healthy and 'cukup sifat'. Though my father really really wants and prays for a boy (he was really disappointed that I came out a girl... yes.. that long), I keep telling myself that it is up to God's will and me and hubby will be very happy with either a boy or a girl. Even the 7 pairs of NIKE baby n toddler shoes that Hubby has bought/collected are in unisex colours. =) Baby is gonna collect Nike sneakers just like Daddy. Haha!

So I went for my check-up yesterday and casually asked Doc if it's a boy or a girl. Doc gave that aaaaahhh face and scanned around in my tummy which contained a very very active baby. He pointed to its bum-bum and we can clearly see its 2 legs! In between the bum-bum, Doc pointed to something and said," You see, this one, here, got three lines with the flesh in between."

Then I said," ohhh yarr! That one the bird-bird ah?!"
3 lines got flesh mah.... so i tot that one the cuckoo bird la. Hubby was calm and collected as he waited for Doc to finish up his sentence.
"No la.. it's 60-70% chance girl. You see the 3 lines.... Ahhh.. If boy will have 2 balls and a thing in between it ahhh. you know ah," Doc said.
"Hahahhaha!! So it's a girl!" I screamed.

Me and hubby came out of the room smiling so widely. We are happy that we finally got to know the gender!!

No comments: