Friday, July 10, 2009

I never knew I would feel like this....

I am just back from the airport and my eyes are red and swelled up from all that crying for 3 hours now. I have cried my mascara and eyeliner off too. My sister PhiQue has flown to Sydney to continue her studies for 2 years plus. And maybe to escape the atrocities of this place and gain more independence. As much as I am happy for her, I am also very sad at the same time. I am sad because the house will be like an empty space without her around. She is always the one who will make crazy nonsensical noises in the house that will cheer everyone up although we'll tell her she's crazy. Her presence in the house is always felt and you know she's at home when her high-pitched voice is heard yelling, "Kakaaaaaaak!" Whatever I wanted to say to her is all in the card I gave her this morning. I miss her already.

I'm crying even more now when I read her message to me in her blog:

"Kakak
I hope you can be at Tampines more often to keep Mama company. I'm going to miss you. Im going to miss drinking coffee from your ears and biting your arms. I'm going to miss rummaging through your wardrobe for good steals. I'm going to miss stealing Zaini's tidbits. Most of all, I'm gonna miss having a sister to bitch and gossip and cry with. I'll probably be an Auntie soon (enough) and ALL THE BEST for the process gang! Zaini the tiger roar!
AJIGEBUIK(Euphuistic) and NAMEEYA(Phat Phique) FOREVER!"
The last part were real nonsensical names we shared between us.

To think back, despite all the gossips and mood swings, I am SO glad that I have her as a sister in my life. I love you, PhiQue!


P/S: Yup, you'll make a very cool aunt in the future. =)

No comments: