Monday, April 20, 2009

Nurses In Uniform?

I've recently post a thought of mine on Facebook. The header reads, "Zaini Shezai thinks that nurses should not wear their uniform to & from work".

Why did I put up that header you may ask? I've always have this kind of random thoughts whenever I'm on the train to & from to work. Basically I like to analyze things around me & trust me, Kaka knows that I always have this funny & strange thoughts a lot. Anyways back to the Nurse issue. When Nurses go to work wearing their uniform, it's not only the sexy kind of vision that goes through to some guys mind but the thought of during their journey from home till they reach work & during their lunch time. Firstly, when they're going to work wearing it, have anyone thought of countless germs that has sticked to their uniforms? Yes, they did their hand sanitization & stuffs when they reach the hospital & put on their masks & gloves but why not wear their uniform also at the hospital instead of from home? We're not only talking of normal germs here, just imagine if these nurses also smoke? Don't tell me nurses don't smoke, that's crap cos Ive seem them smoking in their uniform sometimes. So again, what's the point of sanitization your hands & wearing mask/gloves when your uniform is stucked with all the unwanted germs. Secondly for lunch time, at least half of the nurses from respective hospitals goes out of their hospital to have lunch at mall restaurants or worse, hawker centres. Does that scenario knock some sense suddenly? Imagine again, those fried kway teow smell, etc stuck onto their uniform? Lastly, when nurses goes back home wearing their uniform, the same old bla bla always happens again. Yes, germs again, I'm talking but wait, I've enough of that but what I have in my thoughts are, how many of them wash their uniform daily? Of course I think majority will wash daily but definitely there'll be a minority of them that won't abide the daily wash rules.

Although I may not work in the nursing industry, I strongly wish that nurses only change to their uniform when they reach work. You guys are one of the 1st degree of contacts with the patients & they can be someone you know or close with. I'm quite concern & you should too.

No comments: