Saturday, January 03, 2009

Soto Saturday

My Mom-In-Law is a great cook and I just love to see her cook. It just seems soo easy, the way she throws in all the ingredients, like as if a wizard concocting up a spell brewing in a couldren. The way she multi-task, like chopping the onions while frying chicken wings in a pan. Man on man.... it'll take months, or even years, to be a great cook that she is. And I must be one lucky daughter-in-law to have been taught such delicious recipes and how I get to observe and study the way she cooks. Rich in ingredients. I am proud to say that.... 'I am beginning to love cooking.' Well, what more can a husband ask for, the way to a man's heart is indeed through his stomach.... No wonder you see more entries and pix of food on our blog. Sheesh! Of course, with all that food, exercise is a must. Thus, I look forward to brisk-walk/jog 5km tomorrow morning. (Hon, help me out on this. Give me the determination to wake up and not snooze my way out yea... hehe!) - OK, I admit i snoozed. I'll go in the evening later then. I wanna try photography jog, you know, like you see in the movie 'Yes Man', where they bring their camera to take pictures while jogging? I am SO gonna try that later!!! Very inspired.

Back to the topic, today is a Soto Saturday. Meaning... it is my first time trying out my MIL's Mee Soto recipe. I can say that this recipe is an 'intermediate' stage, compared to Mee Godok Godok (don't even get me started on the name, Haha!) or Mee Birthday or Maggi Goreng. Started cooking around 530, ended at 730. I always take 2 hours to cook, and i dunno how or why. But of course, if compared to my lasagne recipe which takes me 4 hours to cook, i choose this anytime. The stages of my cooking.......

The ingredients and the simmering spices in hot oil.


A concoction of blended spices... chicken next.


Getting the noodle prepared...


All hot and ready to eat. Served with Begedil. Cili padi kicap is super hot!


On another cold night last week, I tried out a Tom Yam Goong recipe off the internet. This doesn't taste that great, and I know why.... It's due to the prawns.... Aaaaahh... Like as if you all wanna know that, right? hahaha!



OK OK, I know I know.... enough of my cooking already!!!! I think you'll be bored stiff! Wait, I promise one last one... promise.. If you really wanna know what Mee Godok Godok is.... It's actually Beef Soup Noodle. I cooked this last week. Hahaha! It's nice on a rainy day though. See?


Thank you for your interest in viewing my cooking. Hahahaha!
Woops, gotta go to a birthday bash with Hubby now at Downtown East, adios!

P/S: Oh Ya!! Happy 2009 to all!!! Resolution? What resolution?

No comments: