Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oreo Cheesecake Trial

It was yesterday that I made this cake. Hon said just buy Rojak and noodles for dinner, so that means... I don't have to cook! Rest day! But still, my hands are itchy-mitchy. So my thought process index for food. Oreo Cheesecake it is! I searched the recipe in the web, and got one decent one and started working on it.
The ingredients:


The crust. I overlooked and actually caused the crust to burn the first time. Smoke came out of the crust even! It was a flop. So i threw that kerak away and started afresh with a new one. I realised you don't actally have to bake it to retain the flavour. Now i know.... so next time, no need to bake. Because of this, the whole thing took 2 hours to do. But never mind, cooking is a learning practical in itself anyways. An avenue to experiment and be creative.


The cheese and cream bits and oreo bits.


After baking. It turned out a little bit on the brown side, which it is not supposed to. I guess again the baking part makes a whole lot of difference. Maybe next time, i'll just bake for 5 mins flat. No more, no less.


Hot from the oven.


After chilling for 4 hours, the end product looks like this and is ready to savour.




Dessert for any stressed moments. =)
- By a satisfied wife for her loving husband.

The End

No comments: