Saturday, June 07, 2008

Deal or Great Deal

Hon has been a little too busy with work to blog, so I guess it's just me and our blog then. =)
Today, I skipped jogging. And told Hon that for once, I'm gonna wake up a little bit later than usual this day. Yup, the clock showed 1pm as i groggily opened my eyes. What a luxurious sleep!! And to know that it rained heavily in the morning.. with the cool breeze, lying under the duvet covers, dreaming of paradise islands. Hon tapped me on my shoulder and awoke me from my deep slumber. He was heading off to work. He told me that we're gonna eat at Popeye's tonight for dinner since the parents will be away at a meeting. A quick kiss and off he went to work. I went back to dreamland.

Awoken by the nice smell of spaghetti Mom cooked, I lazily got out of bed, and let the hot shower drown all my sorrows of the working week. A hectic stressful week indeed. Got me crying softly in the toilet as the stress was too much to handle. Fortunately for me, it was my birthday week.. 4th June passed by so fast. As there was just too much work to take a whole day's off, i took 2 half days. One on my birthday, one the next day.

Now, I had a birthday like no other. After the half day's work, I went to Vivo to pay off my bills. My mind was clouded as to what the hell am i supposed to do. It was all pretty non-deliberate as it was just me, myself and I. Ah hack it. I stepped into the first shop not knowing what my mind wanted. At all. I decided on the go-for-it-birthday-girl jiffy. "I'd like the aromatherapeutic half hour back massage please...," I said a with a little tinge of half-smile in my voice. I had a pair of good strong hands working my back. Kneading, pounding, massaging, aaah... that was when the hard toil in my muscles just melted away. I was as fresh as a saute'd vegetable after stepping out of that massage parlour. Round the bend I walked. And bought "Shopaholic and Sister" out of the blue. Very unintentional. I'm into my 5th book now and my mind won't rest until I know what Becky Bloomwood is up to next! Thus the very abrupt purchase. What's next? Hmm.. It's only 2pm.

The click-clacks have all gone back to their work-drunken office cubicles. And I'm free! What luck I had. My feet brought me to the movies. And indeed, get this, I went to watch Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian all by myself! Oh I haven't done that since The Titanic in my secondary's! Now before ya'll start thinking 'Gosh does she have a life?' or 'How miserable! Alone? ' let me stress that watching a movie alone is not for losers. Just think how independent that makes you feel, how confident for you to have the guts not to feel ashamed of yourself, and how you can encapsulate the whole movie in your heart, mind and soul without wondering what that friend or jerk-of-a-date next to you is thinking. Now that's fucking awesome. The movie is a high 5. Loved it so much that I watched it all over again online. Azlan is amazing. The graphics and sound are breath-taking! Yes I am addicted to Narnia! You can catch Part 1 on disney channel at 730pm tonight if you're clueless. Hey I may be 26, but i'm still 16 at heart. Honest. It was 630 by then and i had to meet my sister and hubby at the airport for a birthday dinner by 7. But my work clothes sucks! Damn I need a change! Typical me got on a spending spree again. In 5 minutes, I bought a top and belt and changed on the spot, grabbed a cab, and zooomed off to the airport. Sweet sister gave me a treat at Swensens. Thanks Phique!

Had a whole lot of SMS from my dear dear friends too birthday-wishing me... Thanks Ladies~! You know how special you all are to me. =) You know who you are.

The next day, i took half day as Hon wasn't working. My loving husband bought for me what I've always wanted as a present. An iPod. Finally! Music for my soul! Music for my runs! Music for my commute to work! I Love You! Thanks Hon!! We got a real good catch at one of the real authorised dealers! Get this: An iPod 8GB for the normal market price BUT with.... a leather case free, a travel charger free, a screen protector free AND lastly, an iPod Shuffle free. How cool is that. You can never get this elsewhere. Try find.










My ear-wax companion....
You don't just listen...
You FEEL the song..

No comments: