Monday, June 04, 2007

I'm a quarter-decade old. I'm old. how?

Let me tell you a story. It was a moonlit night. The stars were nowhere in sight. I was on my bed fast asleep. The day before had been a fruitful outing with Hon. Dressed our best, we walked the streets, had a great meal at NYDC and headed home. Hon has reservist the following day. He said that that night, i was gonna smile but he won't tell me how or why. He said that he just knows I was gonna smile a wide smile. I had no idea though i keep on pressin' him why. And so the night went by, still no clue as we talked on the phone. Nothing about it. We said our goodnights and that was it. So i slept.

I woke up to a sudden shock at 5.15am as my HP which i placed beside me on my bed had dropped off onto the floor. I switched on the light to retrieve it and to my amazement, I saw this on my table. Did Santa Claus dropped by my room and had forgotten to take his bag of goodies with him?


I walked to it. Gave a shy curious peep inside. And saw a card. A card that made me smile....

And so i opened it up and read its contents. A part said: "Anyway this is your last birthday as my friend, best friend, galfriend and fiancee. Look forward to celebrate as my wife." My heart flutters, my mind raced, my cheeks flushed..... It made me beam from ear to ear and yes, at 5.15am in the morning. Was i dreaming?

In addition to the card lay a box of present.

I was surprised, I was wide-eyed by now. Hon had bought me the Nike shoe with the Yoga mat insoles in it. Comfy as hell. No wonder he asked me to try and try them on at the shop.

And the simple Levi's jeans that i longed for. He had tricked me, telling me that he wanted to go toilet (shit) while we were at Paragon, when in truth, he bought this and quickly passed it to my sister, who was working around there, to keep, who gladly kept it a secret from me. All these happened right under my nose without me knowing. how about that.

At 5.25am (SheZai's lucky number), what raced through my mind was..."How did he do it?"
Was it fated that i would jolt in a sudden wide-awake position at this special timing?
I love you Hon. Thank You. No other could replace you. Looking forward to YOUR birthday.... which is gonna be on... our wedding night. =)

Thank you too for all the birthday and well-wishes :
Fitri, Liza, Aisyah, Azalia, Rasyidah, Nina, Yuyul, Hui Tien, family.

No comments: