Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy 1 month old Aaliyah!

Yesterday marks Aaliyah's one month. The journey from day one to one month has been a very challenging but blissfull one. As new parents, Hon and I have neither experience nor clue as to what to do when she cries. We have not attuned ourselves to her rhythm of cries and gets 'kanchiong' whenever we heard a whimper from her. Day One was the most challenging of all days and we had to rope my mother in to help us figure things out. How could this little angel of ours be in such discomfort and uneasiness? We had a picture of happy toothless smiling babies in our minds just like how we saw in ads and posters. But nooo.... that was all crap. THIS wriggling human being in front of us was the REAL DEAL.

The next 3 weeks went insanely smooth (oxymoron there) as we had to transport back and forth to the polyclinic for her jaundice, kk hospital, Gleaneagles hospital, run errands with her and what nots. Mom was left with one week hospitalization leave from her past operation so she was around to help. I am very grateful to Hubby too who took 3 weeks leave apart from his 3 days paternity leave. He was the best help any wife could ask for. Emotional, physical and mental support all in one. When hubby went back to work last week, I was alone at home with little Aaliyah. I thought, Hey, this could be easy, she just needs her milk, her naps, her diaper-changes and her burps. I researched a lot and read books about newborns (like an instruction manual to a drinking, peeing, pooping 'device' that needs to be oiled with a special thing called milk) and finally got the hang of it. 'It' here being 'MOTHERHOOD'. Damn! I am a MOM? That thought still has not sunk in yet. When I looked at her sleeping in her cot, i melted and have this nagging intuition at the back of my mind as well as a tight restraining feeling beneath my chest. Am I gonna be a good mom? Are we gonna be good parents? People stared at us when we brought Aaliyah for her check-ups as though we were juveniles of mid-tween age. What the heck.

*pauses for a while to change, feed and burp Aaliyah*

So as I was saying, this phase 3 into our relationship has changed us (Hon and I) a LOT. We grew more responsible, independent and stronger. What happened overnight? Well, Aaliyah came into our lives. Sleepless nights. 'Kanchiong' moments. These are all priceless.

Take life with a pinch of salt, but add some honey to it. The pictures below aptly describe what I mean by the 'honey'.


Looking as innocent as can be....

Aaliyah loves to escape from her swaddle, especially her left hand. Remember the picture below? Yes! She puts her hand up when she's in my tummy too!!
Strike a pose... or two!
After a nice bubble bath.... Oooohh cold! Wrap me up quick~!

I just love looking into those eyes!

*Refer to caption below for this next photo.

1. Eeeeeeeps!! What the hell is that? Haaaaiyakkk!! *Strikes an Ultraman pose!*
2. Errmm, ok... what happens if I hit it?
3. Arrrhh! It moved!! Get it away from me!! Yipes!
4. Nyyeeehhh whatever.. It's harmless. Come, let me hit you again.
5. Let's play, Mr Cookie Monster!
6. Ok, I've had enough.. I'm tired. I wanna sleep.

And the sleeping continues........ today.

*High on milk*  .....   SMILE!! And the whole world smile with you...... See you again readers!



UPDATE: Aaaahhhh.... And THIS is the happy toothless smiling baby I am talking about!

P/s: Do click on the Nuffnang Ad to your right to support this blog. Thanks!


5 comments:

jfook said...

Owhhhh so cute...=D

Unknown said...

Thanks jfook!! =)

Zazabong said...

Wow u've given birth to ur lil angel already!! Aaliyah's lookin lovely there!! Congrats girl! Happy New Year!!

Unknown said...

Thanks you Dear! =) Happy New year to you too~!

Anonymous said...

cute!! =) now when will i have mine...hmmmm