Friday, April 16, 2010

PHASE 4.

 The Story of My Pregnancy

If you were to notice the description on the right hand sidebar of this blog, it states:-
"We have been blogging since 2003. From the time we were a naive couple to the time we got married and awaiting the time to start a family."
This blog has now entered Phase 4. Phase 1 was when I was still dating Zaini way back then in 2001. Phase 2 came when we got engaged in 2005. Phase 3 came when we got married in 2007. And now, in 2010, Phase 4........ starting a family. It sounds like a BTO (built-to-order) project ey. We build our relationship strong enough and then order a baby...... LOL! ok ok, kidding.

It all happened when I got curious even before my p was due. I bought the pharmacy pregnancy test and it came out negative. What to do.... i was kanchiong. I leave it to fate. Didn't give it much thought. Can always try again. Then i got a high fever one day... stayed home to sweat it out and went to Sentosa Resorts World at night to chill as per post below. My close friend Aisyah said it might be the hormones.... Well, to think of it... I did vomit once. I thought it was something I ate. Decided to pass it off as a normal fever.

Then a week later, my p didn't come when it was supposed to, so I was curious. Normally I will wait one day or two days, but my hands itchy sangat.... so I go and buy the pregnancy test again... I was in the toilet.. and the feeling was overwhelming when I saw the result came out positive. :'D I nearly screamed. Am I really!??!?! I read and re-read the instructions like I don't understand the gunk of English gibberish written there.


A lot of things ran through my mind. When should I tell hubby? When should I tell mom and mil? Should I go to the Doctor to confirm it? What am I supposed to do now? Like a dazed and confused pre-teen, I tried to grasp the fact. But I still can't. So I decided to go the Doctor immediately in a state of excitement. When the doctor confirmed it and gave me Folic Acid pills to down every morning, I was even more overwhelmed! OK.... so does that confirm it? I tried to keep my cool the whole evening and waited 3 hours for Hubby to come home. My heart was beating ridiculously fast!! I wanted Hubby to be the first one to know. I tried to mislead him by saying I have p-cramps on Twitter and all.. hahaha!

And then he came home. He was sharing with me about work, and he got a free pair of Nike shoes and he got a free Nike Cardholder.... and he told me how fated it was because someone stole his Nike Slippers that morning and he lost his EZlink card a few days back. So he said... "Wah it's so fated eh I get these free."

And then suddenly, he showed me a small Nike Box....

and he said," Hun Hun, guess what.. I buy this one when we have a baby in the future. I like the shoes ah.. so nice."

I was stunned!!! And no, he still does NOT know yet. I gave him a very very very weird Sheikha look.

And I very slowly said....." Hon, you know what..... you are going to be a father."
He exclaimed in delight and excitement," What?!?! Really!??!?!?! WOW!! Eh! It's fated!! I just bought the kid shoe today then you tell me you are pregnant?! Yeayyyyyyyyy!!!!" It was the happiest moment of our lives... I have NEVER seen him laugh and smile soooo happily before. The next few minutes were classic... hahahah! A moment of "Eh-nak-bilang-skarang-ke-tanak-eh". And the rest of the moment just went with the flow. I really want to convince myself to the core, so I tried the pregnancy test again, and again, it showed positive. I showed Hon. Confirm Liao!

The next day, I bought another pregnancy test kit (the ones where you can keep) to keep a memory of that very day. Just like how you keep all the memorabilia in a shoebox.... Maybe I'll start making a scrapbook of SheZai Junior. =)  An exciting journey awaits!

Syukur Alhamdulillah. I have just finished my Diploma, talk about the perfect timing. hehe!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats... :D

Hayashi said...

Grats! :D

youngcampbell said...

kudos girl! have fun with your new phase of life! :D

Wendy V. Vaz said...

So sweet! congratz!!!

Ken Wooi said...

congrats =)

DSYF said...

Wow that's great news! ^^

Unknown said...

Thank you for your well-wishes friends! =D