Sunday, September 27, 2009

Low Immunity

Last Thursday I was caught in a heavy downpour that left me drenched to the skin. When I reached my workplace, I dried myself off and by the time it was time to go home, my temperature had gone up to 38 degrees. I wanted to take a cab to the doctor but then the distance between NUS and Tampines will surely cost me a bomb and the AhPek taxi will be one grinning chesire cat, what with the ERPs, surcharge and what nots. So I braved myself to take the train during rush hour, hoping to get myself a seat. I was shivering like an idiot with teeth chattering. I felt my body temperature increase. I got to the Doc safe and sound. My temperature then rose again to 39.7 degrees, the highest I have ever encountered in my whole life. My body was aching, my eyes watery, my nose dripping. I had to rest. Due to the distance from work, I had only 3 to 4 hours of sleep everyday. My immune system is so weak that a drop of rain can cause me to be ill. So I had sick leave on Friday, popping pills and resting well. The same goes for the weekend. While my mom and dad went Hari Raya visiting, I stayed at home. Hon is working too by the way, so if I were to follow my parents, it would be weird, like as if I'm still single, what more with Sis not here in SG. ( =p) So it gave me a chance to recuperate and boost up my energy. I wished I had more rest. I decided to be a good girl and finish popping all my pills and drink lots of water. Just today, I drank 7 bottles (750ml each) of water. While my friends and relatives are enjoying their kuih-muih, with brightly-coloured gassy drinks to go along with it, I can only pop these brightly-coloured pills into my mouth. What a sad sad sad weekend. Being alone at home, sick to the bone, I can just pull my hair out and go crazy due to the boredom!



So bored. So bored. So bored. So bored. So bored. So bored. So bored. So bored.

No comments: