Sunday, August 02, 2009

A Quick & Snappy One..

The Devils visited Malaysia & were playing at Bukit Jalil Stadium against the Malaysian team. Other than the Malaysians, fans from Singapore & Indonesia made their way up to KL to watch their favorite stars. Likewise for the visiting Reds recently too, Fans from Malaysia & Indonesia came all the way here to watch their heroes played against the Singapore National Team.

If only, Arsenal comes to Singapore or any South East Asian countries, I'll definitely make my way there too but i think that can only be a dream for now cos I know that Monsieur Wenger doesn't really favor a Far East tour. On the other hand, I had a dream come true. Nope, I didn't get to meet any football heroes of my dream but instead I got to meet Kobe Bryant. Yes, we're talking about the 2nd World's richest Sportsmen & the key player from the NBA Champion, Los Angeles Lakers.

Luck is the better word to describe of my dream come true. When Nike announced Singapore was one of the chosen country that he'll visit. I was excited! Well, not because he's like my idol hero or something but it's good for the brand awareness & also the chance to watch his "coaching clinic" via complimentary at the Indoor Stadium.Unfortunately the date for his "coaching clinic" fell on the day I had my Finance lesson. I certainly can't afford to miss it cos it's my weakest subject. Therefore I gave my pass away to my other colleagues. My boss was quite shocked too when I said I'm not going maybe due to me always going for all Nike Complimentary events. Anyway on the day of Kobe's arrival in Singapore, my Boss called me up. It was few hours before Kobe will make a special appearance at the Nike Wisma Store. He asked if I want to take a photo of Kobe. I then asked back, take photo with him or take photo of him? The answer? With him & I just keep on smiling to myself haha. I made my way to meet my boss there at the shop & waited inside for his arrival while his hundreds of fans are outside the shop waiting & trying to get the best photo shot of him. The only unlucky thing is that I didn't have the Digital Camera but only Iphone & the best part was I got to shake his hand & said, 'Nice to meet you Kobe' ":).. Oh well.. I'll let the pictures do the talking..

Kobe, The Bosses & myself ';)

The closest shot I could get

Signing Autographs for the 'Make A Wish Foundation' charity

His Arrival


Big Thanks again to Nike & my Boss ';D

No comments: