Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Teachers' Day!

It's times like this that you think back and reflect upon your past life as a student and wonder if you have treated your teachers the way they are supposed to be treated i.e. with respect and dignity. Sure I've had my fair share of teachers, from the matured Mr Geography Teacher who called his students, " You Swine! You laugh like a Hyena!" all in the name of fun, or I don't know... sadism? To the Ms Mathematics who truly care and stayed back to teach remedial just so that your grades will improve as she want to see you succeed in your exams. Reflecting on my childhood days, I still remember my Dad looking up to my pre-school teacher. He will say things like," You are so lucky to have a pretty teacher like Ms So&So. She is so caring and smart. That time I saw her when I cross the road so I said Hi and asked about you." Nothing relevant though. Just wanna highlight that that is what my Dad really said. And I could vaguely remember it for 22 years now.

So when it comes to Teacher's Day, I've always felt that it is as important as Mother's Day. Teachers and mothers are like a united front, ready to nurture and guide us along the way to our destiny and future. Thus I have never felt what it takes to be a true inspiring educator. Until now. The children are all little blessings in my life. I have learnt a great deal in this line. A humble job. No, it's not a job. It's a calling. And I am glad I chose this path. Everyday is different. Everyday is a learning experience.

Not many, but these presents mean a lot to me. They are given out of the purest of sincerity and love. Thank you!



Now I would like to share with you an inspiring video every teacher should watch. I think most would have been introduced to it a long time ago. Click the link below.

Make A Difference Movie

Apart from the hugs and kisses, all teachers get shopping vouchers from the company, which is SO GREAT! Shopping time! Let's just say that the vouchers are worth a pair of Levi's or a small Kate Spade. Hmmm.. Ooh oooh! Apart from that as well, tomorrow, aka Teacher's Day, is a rest day-off day for me!!! Centre is closed! Catch up on sleep...... and assignments. Bah!

No comments: