Saturday, June 06, 2009

To live a full life, you cannot live it half dead.

Happy people think happy thoughts. I realised that I have achieved true happiness for these past 2 years with my husband. I realised that I don't need to make other people happy, I just need to focus on making myself happy, and naturally everybody around me will be happy. Re-examining my past 27 years of life, I think I have gone through quite a number of roadblocks. But they only made me stronger. =) As we age, there will be less and less opportunities in life. So it's time to grab that wheel and control it.

The secret to staying younger is living honestly, eating slowly and not thinking about your age (Lucille Ball). Honestly, sometimes, i have to do the math in the years to recap how old I am. Sometimes, i just forget. Is it 26? Is it 27 or 28? I asked myself. And in the end, Nehhh, it doesn't matter. Age is but a number. It's what's left of it that counts. So live everyday to the fullest!

To start off, HNSM celebrated our Birthdays in class with gift-exchanges. We drew lots and purchased presents for one another. We postponed our dinner celebration to next month due to certain circumstances. Hehe!



My gift for NadSsy and Hui Eng's gift for me. =)


Mas's gift for Hui Eng and NadSsy's gift to Mas. =)

All these exchanges were done chop-chop before lesson starts. Haha! We were truly in our own world.

Next off, I took a Birthday Leave on my birthday itself and my mentor was kind enough to grant me a full day leave. Oh i stretched awake in the morning at 9am to the whispers of my sister creeping up in my room asking me what I wanted from MacD's. And fell back asleep again. When I woke up at 11am, my sis served me breakfast in bed. =) Nice piping hot sausage mcmuffin with egg and hashbrown. Yum. Thanks PhiQue! Hon had to work halfday on his OFF day, and the sacrifices he made for the company. Fuh! It's alright with me cos i get to meet him in town in the afternoon! I woke up and showered and got ready for a special Princess Day with my Dear Husband.



Off to town. Strolling and talking with hubby Zaini in search of the gift.


And in true SheZai style, we did not make any plans. Haha! Coz we let the day flow naturally.
We had lunch at Macdonald's just to get the purple glass! And while eating, we saw a one-legged pigeon. This is truly random. And after walking and walking, we finally discovered a spur-of-the-moment gift. I liked it the moment i set my eyes on it. After Hon purchased it for me, we decided to travel to Esplanade and have dinner at TE. I was craving for their soft shell crab.


We joked the night away. Hehe! And presenting The Crab.


Digging in.


After dinner, we headed on home. Hon got me this Agnes b red bag. It's our favourite colour: RED and black! He also got me the black chain for the bag separately. He insisted on it coz he said it beautifies the bag. I love it!




When we reached home, I showered and was just about to rest when Mom and sis knocked on the door to surprise me with Swensen's Sticky Chewy Chocolate Ice Cream Cake!!! There's always time for CAKE! hehe!



Pyjama Cake-Cutting Ceremony! Haha! Thanks Mom! Super delicious!


Thanks to all friends and family who have wished me on my Birthday!

When I returned back to work on Friday, I was taking over a class while waiting for their form teacher to arrive. So i took them to the music room for fun and fitness. We played games and danced around. It was fun. But then I had to hit my feet against the wall while dancing. Bimbo moment! Wham! I thought I cracked my toe. Jeez! I didn't feel anything since I was barefooted. But when I was on my way to school, my 4th toe swelled up. Duh! I was wearing covered Mary Janes! Sheesh! How silly of me! I started to limp and gave a heck to those who looked. Hah! I opened my shoe, looked down and saw it. It started to get painful. Hon was so nice to bring me to the doc. But the first thing he did when he saw me was LAUGHED AT ME! Evil! But that's my husband. Always like to tease me. =) I went to consult the doc. Well, the doc couldn't do anything. He stared at it. Then he said let it heal in 6 weeks. He gave painkillers and cream. And that 3 minutes cost $30. Thanks Doc.


Then he asked if i wanted to take an X-Ray just to be sure that it's not broken. So I went ahead and found out that Phew! Nothing's fractured. Just a bruise that will heal in time. I get to see the bones of my feet! I got amazed for a little while Ooooooh. Cool! Haha!


P/S: Enjoy the songs in the Playlist!

No comments: