Thursday, March 05, 2009

I Didn't Want To Blog About This But I Couldn't Help It..

Yesterday class was indeed a short one because we're just like suppose to pass up our 2 assignments. Didn't do much group activity work but instead its more of like class interaction with the lecturer & the lesson was all about pricing. Not really that important to our final assessment but still it's a good knowledge to gain. Time & time again the lecturer told us to read the newspaper as sometimes there might be useful knowledge for us to take note of & guess what I replied? 'It's always the same lei, everyday sure got people die, either rape or molest case, child,maid or spouse abuse, drug or smoking issue, prostitution or loanshark, accidents & Singaporean favorite pastime - Complaints on Forum". haha True,yes? The only thing I'll look forward other than sports are juicy scandalous gossips!

Anyway, I've been a regular on bus 28 from school(Toa Payoh interchange) straight to Tampines home. Like every other day, I've always like to observe the surroundings throughout the journey or sometimes just like every local, I can be kaypo at times too. Anyhow, just now was slight different & I've to admit I'm damn one of a hell kaypo person. Why I said that was because I was too engrossed with what I witnessed that I actually swtich off my Iphone music & still continue playing my Bejeweled2(in silent mode) but still sticking the earphones in my both ears. haha I told you I'm damn kaypo this time round. I couldn't help it & this is why.

There's this "malay family" of 5 that board the same bus as mine at 2200. The "malay family" of 5 consists of a mother & her 3 kids(10yr old, 8 yr old & a toddler I assume) plus a grandmother which I assume was the kids grandma. Both adults were wearing tudung(head scarf). I didn't notice at all until the mother was like talking to the 3 kids in high tone. The 2 school kids was sitting in front of me while the mum sat just beside their seats with the toddler & their grandmother sitting in front of her. Both the grandmother & mother was speaking(in angry tone) towards each other & also the kids. The mother was like scolding the elder boy to teach her sister maths in the bus while she wants to teach her toddler some stuffs. Despite the girl telling her mum that she hasn't learn percentage in school, the mum still insist her brother to teach her. So the girl got sick of it I guess & starts to play around in the bus. I wouldn't blame her seriously cause what's the point of studying in a jerking bus & worse still trying to understand somethings she has never learn. All this while the conversations between the mother towards the kids were like abusive, rough, harsh curses & what the grandma did was to add salt to the wound & laugh at the 2 kids. Seriously I forsee this to go haywire sooner or later whether it'll happen in the bus or not & I'm damn right. Once the bus passed Geylang Serai, more passengers start to board the bus & it was getting packed. By then it was reaching 15 minutes to 2300 & the kids were like tired(obviously right? they definitely need to go school the next day) & was half asleep as they're nearing to their journey. As the bus was reaching Bedok Reservoir, their mum & grandma started to shout again asking the kids to wake up to standby to alight. Despite the bus being very packed & most of the commuters including myself was taking notice at them, they seem can't be bothered by any of their loud antiques. The mum kept shouting at the girl to wake up & stop sleeping & threaten to slap her, kick her or leave her in the bus. I can see the eyes of the girl trying to wake herself up but still daze around & guess what happens next? The mother got up pressed the bell & then actually gave a hard slap at her left face & continue to shout at her again. Worst still, the grandma still can laugh. The whole bus was shocked & even I was stunned by that action. As the bus stopped, the mother alighted with the toddler first. The girl in front of me stood up next along with her brother & then the grandmother. All 3 were the last to alight & I think 1 of the clothes bag dropped at the steps or on the floor. & guess what happens next? The mother forcefully just dragged the girl straight from the bus steps right down to the floor with the bag. In fact there was a malay lady at the bag trying to help the little girl. Being unappreciative at all, the mother instead hurled harsh words at the little girl, repeating to her, see what happen when u sleep & stuffs. The girl was in real pain from the hard fall & guess what happens next? The mother KICK her! The commuters in the bus was so shocked to see that & as the bus drove off, I looked back & saw an old man stopped the whole commotion.

As the journey continued, there're so many things that came across my head. All the 'What Ifs' start to appear. If I were to alight at the same bus stop & with good samaritan support around me, I'll definitely call the police for help. I mean how wrong can the girl be till she needs to be treated in such ways. But what matters most to me was the race the family belongs to & worst still, both the grandmother & mother was wearing a tudung! What the hell the grandmother was thinking in the first place!!?? Instead of the laugh, being an elderly she should show the right path to her daughter. Jeez, only god knows what happens everytime at home. Being a malay myself, even if they didn't wear any tudung at all, it's still a shame to our race.

Sigh, I really wish all the best to you little ones. I also hope I can help you guys one day even though I know its very impossible but even if I don't stand a chance, there'll surely be a good soul to help you guys just like the old man just now at the bus stop.

What goes around, comes around. Take Care..

No comments: