Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I've never felt more fulfilled.......

I'm only one week into my new job as an early childhood assistant educator (aka assistant preschool teacher) ...... and I am LOVING it! Yes there are challenges along the way and since I am only assisting my mentor teacher, more challenges are yet to come... Yes, there are teacher politics, yes there are difficult parents, yes there are children who pee in their pants and vomit on their shirts and cry non-stop but hey.... it's a natural fact of life in child bearing. Just on my second day on the job, a child vomited twice. On the forth day, a child urinated on his chair. And yes.... more vomits and pee to come. As i said, it's only natural. Hee! Tomorrow, I will be showering all the 10 children in my class ..... We'll see how That goes! =)

However, today was the most heartwarming day ever since i started work. I was interacting with the kids and playing with them. Suddenly, a 4 year old girl in my class came up to me, put her arms around my right leg (since i am wayyy much taller than she is), basically hugging my leg, looked up at me with her beady little eyes and said, " I love you, Teacher Sha!" Awwww... My heart just melted there and then when i said, "I love you too, Kathy!" and hugged her tight. The whole atmosphere in the childcare centre is so full of love, hugs and kisses! Everytime a child goes home, he/she will give a big hug to all the teachers and greet them, Goodbye Teacher A! Goodbye Teacher B! Goodbye Teacher C! So tata-tertib kan. I just love observing them!

My part-time dip classes are starting soon and essays will be on the way to hit datelines... I just can't wait to start studying again! I miss studying ok! Readings, researches, writing essays, projects.... oh come on, start already! *I may sound crazy, but believe me, once u start going to the working world, you wish you were still in school...*

Me and hubby gave the Singapore Marathon a miss. Firstly, as you may know, poor honey broke his knee and tore his ligament again and is in bad shape to run. As for me, not being psychologically and physically ready, I gave it a miss. I have not been training ever since Hari Raya Puasa ok! And what more with all the sinful food! Sheesh! Need to start soon. It's all about discipline.......

No comments: