Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mad Dash for Deals at Sitex



Today is the last day. Many people assume that the IT deals will reveal their horns at the last hour aka 9pm tonight. But being there at 1030am this morning, i think it'll be the same, just that there will be no stocks left tonight. So, chop chop. Pushing and shoving my way around the huge exhibition alone. I am so intrigued by all the gadgets and models of laptops. They have small laptops which cost dirt cheap too! However, the new MacBook is all that I am eyeing. Booth to Booth i probe for the best deals, scrutinizing every single thing on offer. There are only about 5 booths selling Apple products so i manage to close in on my target swiftly. Finally after much deliberation, I chose a MacBook bundle that comes with extra 2 years of Apple Care, free laptop sleeve, free keyboard protector and lastly, I negotiated for an extra free mouse and the salesgirl gave in. Thanks kind Salesgirl! I know it's your first sale of the day, but you did good! You explained well and your service is the reason i bought from you and not that Idiot of a confused-gender at the other booth who tried to push me the last piece. Walking around, I made a few haste purchase of a printer which does scan, print and copy all-in-one (and I get Norton Internet Security 2009 along with glossy photo papers free!), a 2GB Flash Memory and CoolBalls. Done Deals! Satisfactorily gleeful! How did i manage to carry them home by myself? They threw in a free trolley for this damsel in distress too! How convenient and great is that?



So now, Hon has his own Macbook all to himself to play his Football Manager 2009 and do his workstuffs and I have my own Macbook to do assignments and projects and research and blog and install games like Diner Dash, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Bejewelled, Bookworm, and other my-kind-of-games! Yeay to Good Deals!

No comments: