Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cheers to a long and fantastic weekend!

Hon's always too busy to blog, (even though he bought tons of new sneakers, Tsk tsk tsk). So i'll just razzle dazzle you with the insides of my mind, don't mind me. I have, more than others, a rather long weekend. Took leave on Thursday and Monday (ain't it typical of sick-of-work me, hah). Hon's still working long hours today and I got an appointment at 9am to see the doctor for I have booked a special women's health screening package. I took leave just to relax and go for a check. You see, apart from all that paranoia going on about exercising and health going around in my brain, i can't help it but have this nagging intuition at the back of my mind... Am I really healthy? Thus I took up the package at Mount E which includes:

  • Medical history
  • Full physical examination
  • Urine Examination
  • Blood Grouping

  • Simple Haematology
  • Stool examination
  • Electrocardiogram
  • Chest X-ray

  • VD Screening (RPR)
  • Hepatitis B screening
  • Medical review by doctor
  • Biochemistry (Glucose, Uric, Triglycerides, Total Cholesterol)

  • Kidney (Urea, Creatinine)
  • Liver (SGPT) Test and cholesterol screening
  • Pelvic examination and
  • Pelvic ultrasound

  • Breast examination
  • PAP smear
  • Rubella antibody screening
  • The last 7 tests are specially for women. I can't procrastinate any longer. I have been wanting to go for a health check. And finally i took some time off to do it. It lasted for 4 hours, everything. Estimated cost $240.

    When they took my blood, i cringe at the sight of the needle poking my arm, and thought, am i gonna get through with this? Urgh! Then the nurses ushered me to have a breakfast at their cosy little pantry, filled with bread, jam, tea and coffee, complimentary. When it was my turn to see the doctor, my heart was pounding. Duh! It was my first time having a Pap or even more so have someone else touching me. It was over in a minute and i heaved a huge sigh of relieve. It wasn't as bad as i had imagined it to be, believe me, you wouldn't have guessed what grotesque picture i had of the equipment shaped like a metallic hand of sorts clawing its way inside me. *hahaha!* Married ladies, it's important to go for your PapSmear every year. This is to detect cervical cancer. *feeling teacher teacher*.

    The disgusting part was the stool examination. I had to bring my stool example in a container. And i tried all sorts of digestives the night before, prunes, fybogel, etc. Haha! Stool=shit. Yup! Dizzzzgusssting!

    I have an appointment with my doc again next week to discuss my medical results in thorough detail. Hope i'm healthy.

    After it was all over, my feet were smiling themselves around Orchard Rd. I felt a tinge of satisfaction knowing that my body, physically and mentally, is in great shape. Then I can get on to joining, hmm... dance classes? Yoga? Cardio? Tai Bo? Pilates? Gym? What is becoming of me? I'm just living life to the fullest. =)

    P/S: A full speed ahead weekend catching up. Rendezvous with Hon for one night of celebration at a hotel tomorrow, watching a soccer game SG vs Aussies on Sat (grandstand seats, thanks to Hon). Maybe cycling, swimming and movies on Sunday, and Monday will be waiting for our plans as we have the day off for me and Hon. Superb!
    P/P/S: Me and Hon is so crazy over Ne-yo's Go On Girl music video. The way he moves his head. Haha. It's Guy Power for you guys out there who have your girlfriends step all over you. Go read the lyrics!

    No comments: