Saturday, February 09, 2008

Movie & Food Reviews

I've always thought that it's not about how far your education level is, but it's how you talk and your body language that says a lot about you. You can really go far in career if you've got speech skills. Seriously. I just got home from my weekly jog at ECP. Maybe next week, it's an affair with the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Monkeys. That said. It's time for an entry. I foresee it to be quite a long one as there is just so much to yak about. Blog song is a current favourite song!

First and formost, let's get it on with the movies. Me and hon watched 3 movies these past weeks. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Sweeney Todd of Fleet Street and PS I Love You. In view of the film festival, we were on the rampage of finding a good satisfying movie. Thus we scout online and came across this movie with 4-5 stars rated in the film festival. We read reviews and almost all of them gave a super good one. And so we caught this 2 hr plus movie at Vivo.

Mind you, Hon slept almost throughout the movie. It's bloody annoying. This hot shot got into a coma, woke up and was paralysed full bodied. He can only wink ONE bloody eye. So to communicate with him, the nurses, doctors and visitors have to read out letters of the alphabets, e.g. a,e,i,o,u,r,s,t,l,n.... one wink means that's the letter he chose. so imagine, if to spell ONE bloody word, how long it will take!? They repeated that about a gazzilion times everytime he needs to "speak" in the movie. Hah..Irony is.. He wrote a whole book in this manner! Based on a true story so I decided to give this one 2/5 instead of 1/5. Bloody annoying and draggy. If you were to look at it in an arty farty kinda way, the concept, the idea, the directing... it's all good. But my mind is too tired to think in an arty farty way that day. So bear the rating.

As per previous entry, me and hon caught P.S. I Love You that night we had a date. This one, I cried and bawled my eyes out till they were "lebam". Dunno why. Is it the movie or is it just me being too soft and emotional. I can never watch or see somebody dying in a movie. What more having the wife grieve in such sorrow over the loss of her husband. I can just cry. It's my soft spot. Hon, on the other hand, DID NOT cry as i expected him to. *Macho macho man.. bluuerrghh* Thinking back again, it's true what Hon said. If only he is the one who did all those things, or if they showed how he died, the movie will have a whole new meaning and focus :- which will make me cry 2 times worse. I'm not gonna rattle on for the sake of those who haven't watch it. But to me and Hon, i don't think it's a great movie to catch as a couple. This movie is for girlfriends in Girls outings who can just girl-cry together!!! Guys just don't get it why we girls cry over such menial things. Hon can even joke around that the Irish guy looks and sounds like a "Spartan" from 300. Hahahaha! Geeeez Witty Hon. I know for me, i give it a 4/5. Bring on those tissues for those tear ducts. *Ema, go catch if wit your girlfriends!*

Last but not least, Mr Sweeney Todd, the Barber from Fleet Street. Caught that yesterday. Was surprised indeed. Did anyone out there already know that this movie is actually a musical?! With musical lyrics/lines being spewed out from the mouths of the actors themselves? My bad. I didn't know that, see. And so it came as a "MENDAK" surprise for me at the beginning of the movie. But as the story unfolds about how Mr Todd wants revenge on practically the whole town/the whole imaginary world and make human flesh meatpies out of the people by slitting open their throats with his barber blade on the highly-technologised self-made barber chair, I stood at the edge of me seat, Love. The whole musical and accent thing just caught my attention, and Especially, special mention on the most wonderous acting skills of Mr Johnny Depp, a fave of mine. I love ALL his quirky character personalities in ALL the movie he acted in. Personally, i was intrigued by the acting and singing, so i give it a 3.5/5. Don't waste your money on this one if you're not into singing and musicals, Love.

Aaaahh.. food glorious food. Gonna go to Villa Bali again tonight to have a satisfying meal with great company. I just like the ambience at night. Yesterday, however, tastes a little bit different. I'm a kinda person who's not so into curry. But Kak Mai brought me and Hon to a little place called "Muthu's Curry" for dinner, not in Mumbai deyy, but in Suntec. A little upscale restaurant which serves Indian delights. Let the photos do the talking, need i say more?
Spinach with diced cottage cheese. Looks icky? Don't let ya mind play games with ya.

Chicken Tandoori

Mutton Kebab

Basmati Rice, Papadom, curry and my cousin Kak Mai.

On Thursday, SheZai held a cook-out session for Hon's friends just to watch our wedding video. The evening turned out mighty fine. Teamwork with Hon is so great! Hon makes such a good kitchen helper, I might wanna promote him to chef suisse. =) Thank you Love. The whole afternoon was spent in the kitchen with Hon. We made lasagne, mee beefballs and other stuffs. Thanks to friends below for coming to our Cook-Out @ Home.


No comments: