Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy 83rd Hon!

I had a blast weekend again the past weekend! Weekends are the most looked forward to nowadays as work has been on the pile-up non-stop. So much work! So little time! You see, one of my managers was diagnosed with cancer a few months after he joined the company. Two of my colleagues caught dengue, my colleague's girlfriend had food poisoning and had to be warded and on drip, my another colleague's aunt AND grandma passed away in a week. Now, is that bad air or what. I tell you, the karma/feng shui circulating in my department is so bad. The people there are such workaholics, and I just disagree to be one too. I think my head will just burst. Thus, I need my weekend break to be splendid and enjoyable. It makes so much more sense that Hon is also on 3 days off!! During a weekend! Is that great or what!

Ok, First of all, there was my company's dinner and dance on Friday. Remember i said tie-non-optional? Hahahahaha! Hon has NEVER worn a TIE in his whole LIFE. And on that Friday night, he wore a tie!! Haha!! Thanks Hon. The dinner and non-dance was really boring. In my opinion, it's catered more towards the elderly, with Bingo and wine.. Even the food was a turn-off. Oh well, here's some pix. (Almost all of my colleagues are chinez).










And so, after the boring evening, me and hon went to catch a midnight movie (still donned in our chic & smart clothes..Hah!)..."The Leap Years", acted by Lilin. Well, i give it a 3.5/5. It's pretty good for a local movie. Very romantic.
We also caught Meet The Spartans (at the comfort of our humble abode). Very CRAP. Don't watch it. Really not worth the money. 1/5.
So that was Friday. On Saturday was the usual run at East Coast. Hon can jog !! albeit slowly, it's ok, but he still have the stamina!! Yeay! When we came home from towning in the afternoon, we played a game of Monopoly till 1am. Well, Hon won the game, (because of my stupid move not to get out of jail in the first round!!!) He's so proud that he won... i demand a re-match!
On Sunday, we went trekking at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve! It was really fun and we enjoyed every sweat, energy and talks out of it. Next week, we're raiding the MacRitchies! We need all these activities in our lives to get away from the wake-up-eat-work-sleep-TV-PC-sleep-eat-eat routine. Although the hill is only 163.63M in height, it was a great workout. The forest trail is the best as we get to manouvre through the lush untouched greenery, rugged in all its glory. Not too much of a challenge. We're hungry for more.







KakMai's cap has reflective material. Hee!



And so, that marks the end of our weekend. Looking forward to the next. Hon & me took leave on this Friday. For me, it's just to have a long weekend. Just to sleep in with Hon on a Friday, while the cruel working world revolves around us out there. Just to enjoy the Friday together, just the 2 of us, out romancing this Friday. Friday awaits. Another great weekend awaits.....

No comments: