Saturday, November 13, 2010

35 weeks

Baby Aaliyah has grown to 35 weeks this coming Monday. She is one active babygirl, and i love it! I went for my umpteenth check-up yesterday and Doc says everything's going great! She is now 2.3 kg while her mummy is still at 55.5 kg. =) I just need to eat more iron pills so that i won't have a 'bloody' labour, according to Doc. He asked me to eat meat everyday. Become a barbarian. So what is this mummy feeling right now? Anxious? Relaxed? Jittery? Worried? The feelings are all mixed up in a bowl of tossed salad. As in weddings, there are still the nitty gritty details that needs to be taken care of. Like... washing of baby's clothes with baby detergent, buying a baby clothes wardrobe, unpack baby stuffs and stuff it in said wardrobe, unpack the stroller (again) which still lies in its box, redecorate room with baby stuffs. I have just pre-admitted (or was it pre-registered) myself to the hospital yesterday. So when the time comes, I will straightaway head to the labour ward in any case of emergency. I will be due in mid-Dec (40 weeks), however, as a lot of 'they say' quoted, it could be earlier i.e. 37 wks onwards.

So, roughly, i will be full term in 2 WEEKS TIME!!!!! ok ok, kanchiong already. Seeems soo fast! I have been watching a lot of 'Discovery Health and Living' on Starhub channel 425. A LOT of labour and pregnancy stories and information has been absorbed into my brain. But i know that when the time comes to push, all that will seem far far away, I know that it feels like, just get this baby out of me! I don't know how contractions will feel like, I don't know how epidural will feel like and if I could withstand the pain enough not to have it, I don't know what will happen.

As of now, I am living for the moment. To feel those flutters in my tummy, see a part of my stomach suddenly jutting out in a weird way when Aaliyah is punching or kicking or elbowing, eat to my heart's content without worrying about putting on weight, keep strangers(mostly on MRT) thinking it is a boy due to the shape of my protruding tummy (yes, they asked), always get seats on the MRT, have reasons not to carry out certain housechores, have good reasons to be really well taken care of by my Darling Husband. =)

So if you were to ask me, yes, as much as I want to bring Baby Aaliyah into the world, I still do want to experience as much as I can, this feeling of being pregnant. It is a miracle.

There are no photos in this post. But do stay tuned for my maternity shots with our good friends from Spacefifty!!

No comments: