Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mother In Law's

I think I have the greatest Mother-In-Law any daughter-in-law could ever ask for. For one, she is such a good mother to Hon. I can see her motherly love being expressed through her cooking and her care and concern towards her son. Even after we are married, she expresses the same love towards me. And I am very thankful for her love. I've heard many nasty stories about mother-in-laws these days who described their in-laws as relentless wicked witches. I offer my sympathy towards them. And to those who have worked things out, kudos. I think life has been good to me. And my marriage is indeed a blessing in disguise. Having a great husband, and a great mother-in-law to boot! Alhamdulillah. Oh Gosh, the loving things that she does, I cannot even list them down as they are just too many. I do harbour feelings of guilt sometimes when she does those things. One of which I want to share, is her generosity. She is the most generous person I have ever known. For example, every Hari Raya, she makes kuihs for me to bring back home. It was the same scenario as last year. Not 1, not 2, but 5 big tupperwares full of Kuihs!! I even have to take a cab and asked my mom to help me carry those up. It doesn't matter what type of kuih she makes, or even the variety. The thought of her sweat and effort makes it all worth it! And no, she is not a Stay At Home Mom. She is working. This means her time management skills are excellent! I dare say she is a perfectionist in food too. She will never let me or Hon eat something that is a teeny weeny bit overcooked or overbaked or crumbled up. Those she will eat herself. Instead, she prepares and puts the perfect of the lot for our savour. I have a lot more superb things to say about her but I think I let the pictures do the talking for now. (I wanted to help her make these, but she really insist that I rest and do my assignment.)


The 5 huge tupperwares of kuih raya that my Mother-In-Law prepared specially for me.


Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies


Her signature pineapple tarts


Almond roasted cookies


Pecan chocolate chip cookies (The taste is so similar to Famous Amos)


Her signature Chocolate Chip Macaroons

What did i tell you? Ain't she the greatest? She holds a special significant place in my heart. What more could a daughter-in-law ask for? =)

No comments: