Sunday, September 13, 2009

Got Raya mood?

Mom-in-law is in the kitchen and the smell of pineapple tarts are wafting through the air. She's always perfect at cooking and making and baking. I can never be like her. It takes years of experience. I'm still at the amateur stage now. See how nice her just-baked pineapple tarts are. Made to perfection.



Yesterday was one of the best shopping days for me ever since I started work. Since Hon wasn't working, we planned to settle our Raya shopping first. I left for my facial in the morning and met Hon at Geylang arounf 2.30pm. We planned to wear red this year. Our favourite colour. So focusing on that, we scanned the shops for every red garment they have. It's like playing a Computer Game. "Beat the time, amidst sweaty pushy crowd!" and we aced that. The crowd had not filled in yet so we just HAD to take every chance possible to GET OUT of Geylang as soon as possible! By 2.45pm, Hon was done with his shopping. He got a pair of red Baju Kurung, Kain Samping and Butang. All in just under fifteen minutes!! Bravo!! No hassle at all. Next challenge, my turn! Oh the collection was just atrocious. I scurried in and out every nook and cranny of every shop just to detect any red in there. And finally, got mine at 3.30pm. An hour, can you believe that! The crowd is getting bigger by the minute. We decided, ENOUGH! Let's get out of here!! After buying Deng2 for the family (bonus Game points), we rushed to take a bus to Orchard Road. Sweaty, irritable, impatient and hungry.. On to the next level. Once we boarded the bus, all that seeped away. Truth be told, we don't really fancy going to Geylang on a Saturday or even any other day for that matter. It is indeed an achievement we got what we wanted in under 2 hours chop chop. No heygey heygey. So glad we shared the same sentiments on that.

We decided to skip Comex. C'mon. Would you go to another event to be crushed, stepped on, elbowed and scuffled? This second group of crowd is even worse! It's like 'Stage 2' if you're playing the "Beat the time, amidst sweaty pushy crowd!" game. Nah.... It's GAME OVER for us. No more crowd pls. Instead, we booked tickets to 'BRUNO'!! A movie we wanted to watch ever since it opened. After breaking fast at Pastamania, we sempat went shopping first before the movie!!! Now this crowd I can stand. Not so bad. I wanted to buy another Rubi shoe but instead side-tracked and bought 3 items from Bershka!!! A leathery legging, red leopard-print top and a leathery mini-skirt!! This collection, I love. And as always, my Husband, being my fashion consultant, is the ever so patient one giving me opinions, waiting for me to try on and stuffs. He's the BEST shopping companion a girl could have! Really in-trend due to the fact that he works retail and looks at what people wear every single day and what is on display at the fashion wear shops. If not for him, I would just stick to my comfortable wear. Seriously.

And so we watched Bruno. (R21) Oh my Gosh. I was GAPING the whole time. My mouth wide open as a donut at every single scene. It's Laugh-Out-Loud funny!!! And there was full frontal!! And the dick speaks! Sacha is SUPER BOLD and COURAGEOUS to have done all that. I cannot fathom how he managed to pull through all that. And the dancing, oh gosh. His display of character is really No Holds Barred!!! I would give a 4 out of 5 popcorns for bravery. And can you believe that his beau is Isla Fisher (the girl from 'Confessions of a Shopaholic')? They look good together! I admire how Sacha can totally switch and play different characters!

Just loot at how handsome he is in real life.


And look at how he managed to change skin like a chameleon. Being Ali G, Borat and Bruno.


Images courtesy of Clevver.com, canmag.com, people.com and exposay.com.

Ok now, seriously, no more foolin' around. Need to get down to do my assignment due the day after raya. Damn.

No comments: