Sunday, November 23, 2008

Batam Escapade for Hon's Birthday cum Our 1st Wedding Anniversary cum Our 92nd month together.

I seem to be blogging more and more often nowadays. Must be the result of me not working these 2 weeks! Hmmm.. maybe I should have been a full-time blogger. Haha! Dream on. Anyways, I've had full hand experience of becoming a full-time housewife. I cook for Hon some dishes or noodles to pack to work every morning, make breakfast, cook and prepare dinner, clean the house, and the list goes on. And i don't even have a kid yet. I'm sure if one pops out of the oven soon, I would have been busier. I should grow another 5 pair of hands or something. I admire all Moms out there who juggle work, kids, hubby and house. Kudos!

Hon's birthday for this year is gonna be simple. As said, I've already made the bookings yesterday to go to Batam with Hon for a 2D1N stay at Harris Hotel. And I always keep a lookout for good benefits in a package whenever i do my research online. This is what the package encompasses for less than a hundred per pax:

- 2 way ferry tickets
- 2 way land transfer
- 1 night accomodation
- Daily Buffet Breakfast
- Welcome Drink
- Free 1 game of Bowling per adult per stay
- Free 2 way shuttle to Nagoya town
- Free 1 time set lunch OR 1 Pan Pizza per room.

Quite worth it ey? We got it all covered. Just a simple getaway to the nearby Riau Island for Seafood. We have yet to discover what is there at Batam as it is our first time. Anyone out there have any tips? We'll just have to discover the newly-reputed-for-its-sea-sports island ourselves. =)

I was so very disgruntled when Hon's Football Manager 2009 did not get installed correctly due to the maker's incapacity of testing the game properly first before releasing it to the world. There were just so many bugs in this game. I've tried to help Hon install it in both Mac and Windows and both gave death-errors! I even brought the whole laptop to the shop in Suntec and asked them if they could help but those fucking dumbass who worked in a game shop said that they do not know how to do installation and I have to call the distributor myself for a 1-to-1 exchange if it still fails. Hello? Aren't you supposed to be an expert in the gaming field before you are hired to work in a gaming shop? It's like not knowing how to wear an underwear if you work in lingerie shop! Incompetent jerks! Ok I rambled. In the end, I took 1 whole day to stay calm and do my research on the internet on what is causing these bugging error. Just look at the number of complaints worldwide! http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556
They have activation issues due to invalid keycodes, xml errors, game freezing during play, using third party to install the game (which is bloody ridiculous), graphics card error and a whole long long list of errors. After hours of googling, I came across the solution. Our microsoft.net framework wasn't updated and we have to install this dotnetfx.exe version 2 for the game to be successfully installed.

And finally all is well.... I am happy, I made Hubby jump for joy (soccer is very very very important to him, you know) and i understand. He just tore his ligament and snapped his knee bones (again) by playing soccer when he is supposed to be a refereee for his Nike team. This is what happens when you don't listen to your wife, see? ish ish ish... Aiyo...I so don't want to be a naggy wife!!! Hahaaha.. See hon, now you get to play virtual soccer instead of the physical soccer. Get well soon ok. I love you. P/S: It's always better when we're together. =)

No comments: